Friday, February 5, 2010

Why? They ask...

When I was in my hometown this weekend, I had several people comment on my blog (they loved it of course;)), but had many questions for me. I thought I'd take the time to answer some of the questions while my creative juices are drained.

Why do you 'craft' things? - It's called CREATE. It keeps my brain from turning to mush. I don't get much adult interaction during the day, so instead of being a couch potato, I create! It's also an outlet for me - the more I create, the better mom & wife I am. Besides, there is only so much butt wiping, laundry and toilet scrubbing a girl can take.

Do you sell your cards - Years ago, I had a fairly successful business making cards for various boutiques and invitations for people. I started doing this when my oldest child was 3 months old. I got so busy creating for other people, that it took time away from my family, so now I only do requests from old clients and friends. But...I just opened an ETSY account, it doesn't hurt to put my creations out there, right?

Do you sell your cakes? - A couple of people asked if I sold my cakes - I'm not that good of a baker (click here for evidence of that)but I make a killer cupcake and awesome cookies. I can never say no to family or friends, or if someone makes me an offer I can't refuse!

Are you getting paid? - No...my husband wishes.

Why do you blog if you're not getting paid? - This is something I can do to keep me accountable to my creative side. Life gets in the way of good intentions, this keeps my intentions a priority. Although...is cleaning a priority?

No comments: