Sunday, February 14, 2010

Cardvarks Challenge

While doing some posting, I came across a challenge by Cardvarks.  If you win this challenge,  your card will be published!  Pretty cool, so I thought I'd enter.  I made this card before I read the entire challenge.  Your card is to be new and innovative, which this really isn't.  I used pretty tradional stamping supplies and layout.

After I came up with the layout, I went back and forth on how to create it, lots of layers, or lots of texture.  I did the latter.  I embossed French Script with Ranger Silver Pearl Embossing Powder on some pearlized metallic paper from Papers and More, I LOVE this look.  Tone on tone with lots of great texture!  Next I Cuttlebugged with the PolkaDot folder a piece of Whisper White paper, and then stamped the verbage on another piece with Sahara Sand and Versamarker then embossed the 'happiness' with Ranger Silver EP.  Then layered that with a piece of Silver pearlized metallic paper (from the same place).  The cherry blossom image is from 'Embrace Life' and is stamped in Sahara Sand, then I used Liquid Applique to puff those flowers up!  I cut the shape with my Cricut Accents and layered it also with the Silver pearlized metallic paper.  I added sheer ribbon for subtle texture and 3 rhinestone brads from the Pretties Kit in the corner.  Too bad I don't know anyone getting married...I really like how it came out!

Happiness
Card Stock: SU! Whisper White, Paper and More: White Pearlized Metallic cardstock and Silver Pearlized Metallic paper
Inks:  VersaMark, SU! Classic Ink Sahara Sand
Markers:  Versamarker, SU! Sahara Sand
Stamp Sets: SU! French Script Background, SU! Embrace Life, SU!, Heard from the Heard
Accessories:  Stamp-a-magig, SU! rhinstone brads from Pretties Kit, SU! Stampin Dimensionals, Organza ribbon, Liquid Applique, Ranger brand Silver Pearl Embossing Powder and Silver Embossing Powder, Cuttlebug Swiss Polkadot folder.

1 comment:

anaRy said...

sweet monocard..very nice.