Saturday, February 27, 2010

Stuck on SvS02

Hi Ladies!
It's been a crazy week!  I planning an event called Hilliard Craft Camp for the American Cancer Society and the work has taken over my crafting time.  I'm sad to miss my time in my stampin' space, but it's all for a good cause.  Anyway, who needs sleep, or a clean house, or clean children...I guess I do.
I did get to do some work tonight, but since I'm behind, I've crammed several challenges into these cards.  First challenge is Trigger Tuesday at Moxie Fab.  It's a delightful card made by designer Kimberly Crawford and is published in the current Paper Crafts Magazine.  I made 2 cards for this challenge to go along with the challenge on this blog Simple vs Sophisticated.  I made the simple one first (surprize!) which I love!  I used my Cricut with the Calligraphy Collection cartidge to make the quatrefoil pattern out of whisper white paper.  I layered it on So Saffron and basic Black.  The main pannel is Kraft and wrapped a retired SU! ribbon around it.  I stamped the 'thank you' sentiment with black craft ink and used Black EP on it.  It's finished off with a pearl for the 'o' in you and a shite button with black bow.  Very simple - although it took me forever to figure out the Cricut part, but well worth it!
The second card I made for the Trigger Tuesday challenge is not my fave, but I still like it.  I used the layout from the Makeup 4 the Weekend #17.  It had a lot of components.  Same colors, I used some So Saffron DSP and cuttle bugged a piece with Argyle.  I used the Happy Harmony retired stamp set and a rub-on I had in a drawer I found.  I finally got an emobssing mat for my Nestabilites which I used on the sentiment pannedl.  I wish I had black silk ribbon for this card, but alas, it's not in yet.  I used my black polka-dot ribbon with a pearl for the center of the bow.  I again used the Cricut to make the 'scallop' edging at the bottom of the kraft panel and finished each point with a pearl.  WHEW!!!

3 comments:

Melinda Spinks said...

Such elegant cards!! Just beautiful!

Lisa Petrella said...

So cute! Great takes on this week's Tuesday Trigger!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Kristin! What sweet approaches to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks for playing along! :)