Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bargin Shopping

I am a firm believer, that if you can't get something at a discount, don't get it.  I love great deals!  When I shop on a clearance rack, I get the rush from finding a great deal.  With that being said, there are a few exceptions. 

My husbands motto with clearance shopping is "If it's on the clearance rack, it's there for a reason."  I largely dissagree with this motto, but sometimes it rings true.  For example this card here.  This was inspired by the MoxieFab Tuesday Trigger picture and the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge at The Sweetest Thing.

I found the FABULOUS fabric velvet ribbon on clearance at Hobby Lobby.  I bought a spool with 8 yards of this stuff for $2.97.  It was regularly $4.99 a yard!  Great deal eh?  No let's look at the image.  I found a clear rubber stamp set of 6 with cute sayings for little girls (I won't mention the name of the company) for only $1.  Now I am tradtionalist when it comes to my stamps.  I lean more toward the wood blocks as opposed to the clear block stamps.  I have continued success with the wood blocks, and hit or miss with the clear rubber for clear block stamping but I thought I'd give it a try at such a great deal. 

This stamp set was a MISS.  Not only did it not stamp the image well, I had to be Hulk Hogan to get it off the plastic sheet!  I thought I did everything right, I evenly inked, lined it up over the paper ( a bonus with the clear block), I even used a stamp pad to stamp on.  Nothing I did got it right.  Perhaps that's why it was on the clearance rack...hence Rob's motto.   Oh well.  Lily's Valentine is done and she'll love it!

3 comments:

Karen Giron said...

I am loving how you turned the sketch and added that gorgeous bow!! Love your take on the sketch this week - I'm so sorry the stamp was a pain, although I totally hear where you are coming from! :D

Betsy V said...

What a "sweet" card! I love your take on the Moxie Fab challenge!

Betsy Veldman
Paper Crafts Go-to Gal

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Kristen! What a cute approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)