Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A year in review...

So I guess it's a time of reflection, the start of a new year.  It's been a good year all and all!  My family and I are happy and healthy, my husband has a good job, and I'm able to stay at home to care for him and the girls.  We are all very blessed to say the least!


I've had some great acknowledgements this year too!  I reached my publication goal - a card of mine in the Paper Crafts July/Aug issue and have had several more creations gracing the glossy pages throughout the year and more to come!  It's so exciting, it makes me so giddy every time I see them there!  I've also won a few online contests and magazine contests!  The highlights being Paper Crafts Stampin' Royalty Contest and the World Card Making Day contests.  Both have been such an honor, and gives me being locked up in my craftin' spot for so many hours validity.


I have also been much more diligent with keeping up here - occasional lapses, but on average at least I'm posting over 50% of the days each month.  I'm sprinkling a few of my favorite projects from this year, and items I won contests with. 



 


This is from the fundraiser I coordinated for the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life.  All the ladies participated in a Craft Camp and we were able to raise $1500!


 


I have also been working on my health.  Since I was pregnant with my youngest, I have been having lots of arthritic pain in my hands, feet spine and shoulders.  Generally I would just write it off as a bad night of sleeping, but this summer I had many days when my hands and feet would swell, I wouldn't be able to walk or able to carry things (like my young daughter).  I was diagnosed with Psoratic Arthritis, a condition very similar to Rheumatoid, but a tad different.  My doctors recommended some very scary meds I didn't like, so I took matters into my own hands.  I began to actively loose weight by joining Jenny Craig on August 29th.  I am now down 40lbs - which helps with the arthritis pains, and on a new...less scary... medication that is helping with that and my psoriasis.  It's great to finally start to feel healthy and I'm looking forward to loosing the rest of my weight so I'm a hot little number!

So here are my crafty goals for this year:
  • Be a part of a Design Team - I'll be working hard at this!
  • Participate in more weekly challenges - I'm thinking at least 2 per week.  I'm really eager to get more time in the craftin' spot.
  • Participate in more magazine calls - I missed a couple at the end of the year, so I'm really focused on getting
  • Define my sense of style - I tend to go all over the place with my crafting so I want to really define my asthetic.
Well, that's it!  I hope you have all been working on your resolutions - keep focused - keep going.  I look forward to a year of crafty fun!

1 comment:

Rae said...

Love your recap. Your "Taintor-tude" cards cracked me up! Your work is very "cheery". Congratulations on all your achievements, with many more to come in 2011. Cheers!