Saturday, January 29, 2011

Today's the Day!

It's the first post for my new position on the design team at Our Creative Corner!  Have you visited us there recently?  We have a whole new look, and new creative challenges - perfect for those of you wanting to expand your creative minds.  This week's challenge is to create a 3D item for Valentine's day. 
I did more of an altered 3D item.  I had a few jars of caramel sauce left over from the holiday's so I made one up to give to my sweet 'adopted' mom since I'm crashing at her house this weekend.  I used a huge variety of items on this, SU!, PTI, American Crafts...it's a smorgasboard of fun...  There's a card, a gift bag and the jar of DELICIOUS caramel saucve.  I'll have to share this recipe with you...

8 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, these are fabulous Kristin! I love the cherries theme and the sentiment "my cherry-amour" - very clever! The doilies and the gathered ribbon are lovely touches. Super job on your first challenge!

Vicki Burdick said...

OMG, this set is amazing Kristin!!! I just adore the cherry themed items!!

Kelly Massman said...

How wonderful! Wishing I was the recipient! ha

Sarah Gough said...

So cool, I love the heart doily! Looks yummy too!

Lori Rider said...

Kristin, this is just a fabulous set - I love the cherries! Super cute, especially the little cherries made out of buttons. Awesome job!

Brenda Dean said...

These are so sweet. Love them all and looking forward to your caramel sauce recipe!

As a challenge lover, you might also be interested in my Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge.

Wendy J. said...

Kristen, what a great job you did on this project. I love cherries--had a kitchen done in them once--so you've already won me over! Love the heart doilies and the buttons for cherries! Such cute details. So glad to have you as part of the team!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

What a fun little set, Kristin! I totally wish I had some of that caramel sauce....