Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Oh what fun!

1/11/11 - oh what fun!  Ok on to the real stuff...

The cleaning of the craftin' spot isn't done yet.  I guess 2 days wasn't enough.  Don't they say a messy desk represents an orgainized mind? ...or so I'd like to think...  I did break through the paper and fabric sea long enough for me to get my craft on!

Continuing my New Year's goals, I am submitting some items to be a part of the Our Creative Corner Design team!  I have never been a part of a DT ...yet... and am eager to share all things paperlicious through my lil' ole blog. 

Now, I have to explain why I created what I did for their challenge.  This is the photo inspiration for their challenge.  A little white and black bird with red berries.  Adorable, right?  Well, not to me.  I am creeped out by birds...let me clarify...real birds.  I love graphic, adorable little birds that are mearly a representation of the real thing.  But real birds, the feathers, the pecking, the crazy leathery feet ....bleeeaaccckkkk....  I get the shivers just thinking about the real thing!  I'm weird, I know...  As I started pulling my black, white and red out, I couldn't get the image out of my head and again ....bleeeaaccckkkk.... I started to get creeped out!  So I scrapped doing a close representation of the photo and came up with these cards, with cute, non creepy little chickadees.  Perhaps I'll have to pull up my pantyhose and tackle it again tomorrow...

Sky Limits
Card stock: (Regal Rose, Rose Red) SU!
Patterned Paper: (City Park Royal Gardens) American Crafts
Ink: (Soft Suede, Baha Breeze) SU!
Stamp Set: (Up, Up & Away) PTI
Dies: (Clouds, Mat Stack 4) PTI
Ribbon: (olive grosgrain) SU!


Thanks Birdie
Card Stock; (Whisper White, Craft) SU!
Patterned Paper: (Linen Closes)DCMC
Ink: (Soft Suede) SU!; (Pretty in Pink Marker)SU!
Ribbon:  (teal seam binding) Me!; (pink lace ribbon) May Arts
Stickers: (Dear Lizzie) American Crafts
Other: (pink button); (doily) Wilton

1 comment:

Diane Gilbert said...

OH, I'm so sorry that birds creep you out, I LOVE those cute feathery friends. Your birdie cards are adorable, great job on this week's inspiration challenge! I LOVE the details you've added to both of them.
Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' this week!