Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Where o' where...




has my Shabbiness gone?  I am missing you, my shabbolocity, you fun and fabulous little spirit of mine.  I need you back, you are a part of me.  We worked so well together.  Don't you remember?
Look at what your absence has done to me....

See?  Please come back...quickly! 

This is for the Play Date Cafe's current challenge, using grass green, gold and silver.  I was really excited about using this fantastic green draon fly I picked up, isnt it cute?  Trying a little Melissa Phillips type creation?  UGGGHH, not even close to the fabulocity of the reigning shabby gueen.   Perhaps next week.

Shabbiless thank you
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Wild Wasabi
Other Paper:  White Vellum
Ink:  Encore Silver and gold, Wild Wasabi
Ribbon:  Offray silver satin
Other:  Tattered Angels Alpha frames; white button; gold wire; dragonfly ornament (Walmart)

8 comments:

Michele Gross said...

LOVE that dragonfly! I adore the way you stamped the sentiment, the two colors are delicious. What a fabulous interpretation of the PDCC colors!

Fiona said...

That is a great card Kristin - great dragonfly and ribbon combo :)

Viola Mahr said...

Ohh... I feel your sadness :) Sometimes that shabby-creative streak goes on a holiday doesn't it? ... I find that the best way to deal with that kind of dilemma is to just let it all come from your heart. Even if it isn't the best shabby, it will be beautiful for you, and yes, therapeutical :) I think your card here is pretty cute!

Ruby said...

Ah I get times when my normal style just doesn't come through, but just go with it :o) Your card is gorgeous! There is no reason why you can't play around with lots of different styles to suit your particular mood, that's what I do! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week!

Colleen Dietrich said...

That little dragonfly is adorable! Good use of this week's Play Date Cafe colors. THanks for playing along with us. :0 )

Libby Hickson said...

Well your previous shabby creations are gorgeous, but I happen to love this one too!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe! :-)

Andrea Ewen said...

Great job with the colors and that dragonfly is just stunning! Lovely design and wonderful ribbon! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE this card--you ROCKED these colors! LOVE that dragonfly--and the ribbon--and the frame! LOOOOOVE IT! Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:}