Monday, January 3, 2011

Ready for the new year?

WOW!  Did you have a fun filled holiday season too?  We all had a great time, but I'm REALLY glad it's back to normal here.  The holiday decorations are packed away, waiting to be hauled into their attic home; the gifts are organized and available for the girls to play with; family is home safe and sound. 

Now that the parties are thown, handmade gifts are given, cookies eaten, pounds gained, and school is back in session; it's time to get my craft on!  It has been WAY too long since I was able to have fun in my craftin' spot for things non holiday related.  Since Thanksgiving, I've only been able to make these gift bags filled with Homemade Pecan Caramel Sauce...yummy ...
and gift tags for teacher gifts...these are the only 2 paper carfts I got to this season ;(...

and make a bulb garland, wreath and new signage for a couple of  Cameron Mitchell's Restaurants...only the best restaurants EVER...

I also repainted and repaired my childhood doll highchair..can't find a photo of that... and cradle, and made it a custom matress and blanket...the original had long since disapeared...

Made a new canopy, mattress, and blanket for Lily's new American Girl doll to match her bedroom...the wood bed was great but the canopy and 'blanket' were HIDEOUS not like the photo...

bake a bajillion cookies, pizzelles...old family recipe...and plan the winter parties for Lily's elementary school.

So as you can see, I have been busy being creative, it just hasn't been focused on paper crafting.  I am getting my next post ready, big news and and even BIGGER giveaway!  Keep your web ears peeled - it's coming soon...perhaps today!...

2 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Great work!!! Love the doilies you add to your charming work! Can't wait to see more from you!

Shari said...

Your bedding came out looking great. Good job!

My grandmother gave me her pizelle maker, but I've never used it. How do you serve yours?