Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Have you seen it?

The new Color Inspiration Issue from Paper Crafts Magazine?!  I was really excited to have been a part of this inagural special issue!  If you haven't picked this one up yet, it's REALLY inspirational...hence the name...  The call for this was kind of 'hush-hush,' as they wanted to make a big splash with it hitting the stands.  PC asked for card creations with 100+ color combinations I think I made about 15!  I am honored to have 3 of my colorful creations accepted for this issue! 
To keep the color consistant, they gave us Bazzil colors to work from.  You didn't have to use their paper, but the colors had to match - perfectly.  They had 6 different categories with many combos within each.  This one was my favorite combo, I actually use it all the time so it easy to whip up a fabu card for it.  The colors were Whirlpool...Baja Breeze...Tropical, Petty Cash...Certainly Celery.... and Nutmeg...Soft Suede.  Isn't it pretty?  These are also colors I use my my house. 

This is a cute little card!  I just adore it!  In the magazine, the ballon must have shifted in shipping, the hole of the button is showing, but it's still cute that way too!  I love the burlap...  The colors were Petty Cash, Champage...the burlap...Lily White...Whisper White....Vintage Pink...I had to use a combo of Copics to get this color.  Thank goodnes I had a button the right color1

Some combos were out there for me, like this one.  Who'd a thunk?  Black, white, Pansy...Elegant Eggplant... and hot pink?  I thought this was a stretch, and almost didn't send it in for consideration.  But, there it is!  On the glossies!  I just goes to show you that you never know what they are looking for when you submitt - so don't give up!

No comments: