Friday, September 29, 2023

Shroomie Lovin'

 Hi all!

It's my littlest's birthday on October 3rd...but she's not so little anymore, she'll be 15.  She has just surpassed me in height...I'm 5'10"...and is truly built like a linebacker.  I've taught her to embrace her size, that she comes from a long line of  Amazon warrior women...just like Wonder Woman!  She is powerful, kind, fierce, sassy, creative and just the most lovely little being on earth. *tear*  I love this gorgeous daughter and am so proud of the woman she is becoming!  Look at that teenage smirk...

  

She is also incredibly OBSESSED with mushrooms, so I knew I had to use Altenew's Mushroom Greetings stamp set, and that it had to be paired with the Wood Cookie die.  It's just a perfect combination.

The background is a piece of retired SU! cardstock that I did some ink blending on the edges and corners for some added interest.  The sentiment is a wonderful set, the Essential Sentiments foil plate.  


Since I was inspired by this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge for the layout, I chose to not use the coordinating die set to the plate and cut it into a long strip.

A little bit of splatter along with the added 'love you so mush' sentiment to the inside, and it's the perfect birthday card for my amazing daughter!

Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you have a colorful day!!

2 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Darling daughter, fabulous card, Kristin!
=]

My Creative Place said...

Your daughter is beautiful. And I love you card.
Great job! Nice colors.