Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Shine On

 Hi all!

Sometimes life is crazy...really CRAZY.  When things are at their craziest, that's when I tend to excel, is anyone else like that?  .  Life has been so incredibly crazy since early July for me and I'm still plugging away, making things happen!  Maybe it's the ADHD I have...who knows.


This sentiment really spoke to me today when I was creating, so with the AAA Cards Challenge this week, I thought I'd use it to apply for their DT call.

The background color was created using layers of watercolors.  Simple to do, just add colors and let dry, then repeat.  The dry time allowed me to work on administrative things in the studio, so it's a win-win.  After the paint was dry, I added a few gold metallic splatters...which got a bit crazy...to give it a galaxy feel.

The mountains are from Altenew's Wanderlust set.  I haven't used this set in YEARS and am surprised it's still in circulation!  I added some of the stars from the stamp set to the background with gold embossing powder, and the mountains are stamped on cardstock then fussy cut.  I would normally stamp right on the card base, but was afraid I would mess it the gorgeous galaxy sky!

Like I said before, the sentiments with this set spoke to me today, so I also added it with gold embossing powder.  Simple card with a powerful message!

Thanks so much for visiting me, I hope you have a colorful day!

5 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

Gorgeous, thank you for playing at the AAA Card Challenges and good luck with the DT call

Helen said...

Fabulous background and a great card.

Helen x

kareN stampZ said...

Love your background that is so cool

foleysfriend said...

What an amazing background you created.

sue n.

Perfectly4med said...

Super colouring and use of splatter (never too crazy) for your themed card. Thanks for your willingness to join our DT and good luck. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards and keeping it CAS.
Neil