Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Wood Cookies

 Hi all!

I am a obnoxious cookie baker for the holidays...and when I mean obnoxious...I bake over 6,500 cookies for a party we host the second Saturday of December.  I have already started, and yes, I have MANY freezers and ovens to complete my task and keep them fresh until they are served.  Do you have a favorite cookie recipe you make for the holidays?

  
When I saw this set from Altenew and the name...Wood Cookie....I knew it had to be mine!  It's adorable and the name is perfection for me.  I think this year my signs for the party may have to made from this die set this year...

I went with a very soft non-traditional color pallete, and added the Rainforest Leaves Wreath Builder set for some leaves to go with the wood slice.  I love the colors, they were inspired by my wedding colors since the card base is left over paper from it...yes, I save everything....

That adorable little lady bug goes with the die set too!  I decided to add this card to Just Add Ink - Wildlife....bugs are wildlife aren't they... the Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge, as well as the Sisterhood of Crafters challenge this week, Die Cuts-Anything Goes.  

Have a colorful week!


3 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Gorgeous card Kristin! So many beautiful details. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Diane said...

Beautifully created card, and I am blown away that you make 6500 cookies, so impressive!! My favorite is a chocolate filled thumbprint cookie, a tradition here!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
{The Sisterhood}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

laurie said...

Wow this is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!