Sunday, September 24, 2023

Throwin' Down Color

 Hi all!

When I saw this challenge from the Color Throwdown, I was immediately inspired by swipe art I used to do with my little artists at school.  It was always one of their most favorite projects and it's ALL over the ticky toc right now too...


I decided to use some of my old re-inkers from my SU! days, Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, and Soft Sky.  I placed a little drop of ink on a scraper and swiped until my paper was full!  Super easy...

I decided to make this a masculine card, so I added some scrap geometric shapes I had in my bin and came across the sentiment in there too!  Even EASIER!!

The gold from the embellies inspired me to add some gold metallic splatter watercolor...then added it all together and viola!  Easy card for my nephew's bday in November!  Actually both of my nephew's birthdays are in November....I'll make another!!

Thanks for stopping by, have a colorful day!!

2 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Such a fun technique with lovely bold results! So glad you joined us in the challenge at CTD!

Angy said...

What a fun card - love this technique. Thanks for visiting my blog too! I appreciate it.