Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Die cut flowers

 Hi all!

I'm cramming a bunch of posts while I have the chance...its late at night, everyone's sleeping...except me.  Darn menopause...  Instead of staring at the inside of my eyelids pretending to sleep, I thought I'd head out to the studio to create and post.


This is another card for the September Flower Challenge and the Triple B Challenge, and while it does not match the inspiration image, it is a flower.....  I'm absolutely ADORING Altenew's Craft-a-Flower dies sets!  The Bellflower from Augusts release is AMAZING!  It's so cute!

I die cut the flowers and used my Altenew Alcohol markers to add color and texture to them.  Not the smoothest color job, as I'm still getting used to creating with markers, but the colors are *chef's kiss*.

The background is a simple ink blending with yellow to make the blooms pop right off the card.  The stem I adhered right to the card front, but used foam tape for the blossoms.

The card is finished off with a few splatters, sequins and a foil sentiment from Everyday Sentiments.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a colorful day!



3 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

You've not wasted one moment of sleep, Kristin! What a beauty! Your 'flicks' of color are so artfully done on the petals of your beautiful Bellflowers!
Very nice to see you in The Flower Challenge gallery!
=]

Trina P. said...

Wow! Love the colour 💙 (my favourite) and your gorgeous colouring! So beautiful!

Nancy Penir said...

Oh, I love this! Beautiful and bright against the yellow. Hope you finally got some rest! So glad you joined us at The Flower Challenge.