Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Playing with Stencils and Water - TIC TAC TOE #226 DESIGNERS CHOICE!

 Hi all!

Super quick post here...I've been helping a friend capture feral cats at her dad's house and while transporting it to a shelter to be fixed, one got out in my yard!!!  I've got to trap it before it reproduces...

 

This card is for the Tic Tac Toe challenge this week, and I'm using the stencil, free and foliage diagonal combo.  I just realized I tend to use the same diagonal each time I'm at their challenge...at least I'm consistent!  I am also entering this in this month's Happy Little Stampers Watercolor + Layers Challenge for September. 

This card uses Altenew's August Build-a-Garden Bougainvillia bundle.  I started with the background, using a light color to stamp the image, then inked it with the coordinating stencil and blending brushes.  I then lightly brushed water over to the image to soften the edges and give it an atmospheric background look...I think it worked?

The foreground flowers were created the with the same ink colors, stamp and stencil, but I didn't add water to give the illusion it was in the foreground.  The image was die cut and popped up on foam tape to give it dimension.

It's finished off with the coordinating sentiment from the stamp set.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a colorful day!

5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Gee, I hope I remember this technique, Kristin - very well done and ever so effective!
=]

Betty said...

gorgeous card Kristin - everything worked together really well! love the colors you chose - so pleased you entered our challenge this week at TicTacToe!

Vicky Hayes said...

Absolutely gorgeous Kristin and that wonderful water brushing technique is so effective! Thank you for coming to play with us at Tic Tac Toe! Vicky x

foleysfriend said...

So pretty. The background is beautiful and I like how you paired with a repeat of the floral spray with more detail. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge.

sue n.

Billie A said...

Beautiful card. I love the flowers and colors. Stunning watercoloring. So glad you shared over at HLS watercolor.