Monday, September 4, 2023

I need a new die cutter... - DT for CAS on FRIDAY!!!

 Hi all...

It's official.  I need to invest in a new die cutter.  I have the Sizzix Big Shot, which I've owned for years and abused it for much of that time...  If you had an unlimited budget...what would you get?  Not that I do mind you, but I like to think big!

This die set is why I need a new die cutter.  Its a great set from Altenew, just released in August.  It's called Whimsically Wild and is so fun, it even has a matching stamp set and stencil.  I used just the die set for this card and it nearly killed me...

This delicate die set is perfect for the idea I originally had for this.  HOWEVER...my die cutter was NOT cooperating!  1,000 different shim combinations, and it was 80% cut out.  I just used my scissors for the rest.  Incredibly frustrating!


I love the simple layout with the simple image, I am entering it in the DT call for CAS on Friday, and the current Less is More challenge

Have a colorful day!


4 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Kristin, I love your card - but have had this issue with many of the intricate dies like this one. Many times, it is the DIE itself that is the problem - but more often it is the plates - are yours beyond their prime perhaps?
=]

Kathyk said...

Super make, gotta love a splatter too

Kathyk

Laurie Unger said...

Glad you stuck with it and ended up using scissors in the end - it came out beautiful. I just invested in an Anna Griffin empress - worth every penny I spent on it. Thanks for playing over at LIM.

Nancy said...

So pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Less Is More!