Saturday, September 9, 2023

Mandala Holiday Tags

Hi all!

One of my favorite things about gift giving is the gift wrap!  Even if you give a simple little gift, you can make it special with a fabulous wrap job.  A beautifully wrapped gift makes the receiver feel incredibly special.  I love to make special tags for my gifts, like this one or these.  What kind of gift wrapping do you make?

 


The AAA Challenge this week could not come at a better time!  I planned on making some tags for Altenew's Marvelous Monthly Subscriptions release so this challenge helped me get them done.  This subscription set also comes with a coordinating die, so I thought I'd enter them also into the Happy Little Stampers Stencil challenge.  They offer their subscriptions individually or get them all! 

These tags feature the soon to be released, Altenew's Spark Joy subscription for September, Folk Mandala (this link will not be active UNTIL September 18th, so mark your calendars!).  The Spark Joy subscriptions always comes with a foil plate and coordinating stencils.  Nice, eh?


I kept these tags fairly simple...at least simple for me...and made them holiday themed.  I think the mandala looks like a snowflake, so I ran with it.  I also love using non-traditional colors for my holiday crafting, I'm not a green and red combo kind of gal.

Both cards were cut using Altenew's Terrific Tags die set, a go to for my tag making.  This pink one was foiled in rose gold foil and inked with the Cherry Blossom ink family.  I added a sentiment from the Holiday Tag stamp set embossed in gold and inked with markers.  The embellies are gold sequins with a pink enamel dot in the center.

The blue tag was created with silver foil and the sentiment is from the Holiday Script Words die set, layered 5 times with the final one cut from silver cardstock.  I finished it off with some silver cording.

Don't forget to mark your calendars for the release for September 18th!  

Have a colorful day!








2 comments:

Michal said...

Beautiful holiday tags!! I loved both of them, the mandala design is really striking. Thanks so much for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE the blue & silver tag! Beautiful tags - awesome stencil! Thanks for joining in at HLS Stencil