Sunday, October 1, 2023

Paradise...

 Hi all!

What's your version of paradise?  Relaxing on a beach?  Snuggled up to a fire?  Lounging in bed?  Holed up in your crafting space without ANY other responsibilities, or demands on your time?  I'll take all 4 thank you....  Since my mom's fall in July, we had to cancel our immediate family vacation plans until next year, but we all need a break!  4 days in New York or at beach?  Hmmmm....  we will see...

Until then, I'm in my studio for a few minutes this morning whipping up a card for the new AAA Challenge #250, ink blending.  I'm even throwing my hat in the ring for their open DT spot...keeping my fingers crossed!

Ever since I found the mini blending brushes from Altenew, I can't stop doing ink blending!  I love it...I even have a trick I use while creating you can see HERE.  I hate wasting ink...

I always head toward a good rainbow blending, it's the pre-school teacher in me!  I then used a simple tropical leaf to die cut my rainbow paper from the Hibiscus flower die set.  The design of this leaf allows the white background to show, to keep my CAS design as simple as possible.


After the leaf was cut, I added a few little splatters of the rainbow with my watercolor paints.  Next, I added a sentiment from a new set debuting in November which is too cute...more sneak peeks on that set soon.  Add it all together and you have a simple yet impactful CAS card design!

Thanks for visiting my blog today, I hope your day is filled with color!!!

3 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

Love your colorful foliage. Thank you for playing at the AAA Card Challenges. Good Luck with the DT call!

I Card Everyone said...

As wonderful as your palm frond is - I'll take Manhattan!
So fun, Kristin!
=]

sentsue said...

Another stunner! Thank you for sharing your work on the AAA Cards Challenge.