Sunday, September 10, 2023

Ink Blending NEW Flowers! - TRIPLE B TOP WINNER!!

 Hi all!

Hi, I'm Kristin.  I'm addicted to flowers.  It all started when I picked a bouquet of pretty leaves for my mom. I handed her the bouquet, and she declared they were beautiful...as moms do... I was pleased to have given a gift that brought a smile to her face!  It was however the gift that kept on giving....as it included poison sumac.  BUT....the happiness she showed when she received the bouquet is what I relate flowers with!

 

This is my second card for the Tic Tac Toe challenge this week, and I'm following the same diagonal line.  Ink blending, die cuts and leaves.  I am also adding this to the Happy Little Stampers Birthday Challenge this month and Triple B challenge.

These flowers are from the soon to be released Altenew Craft-a-Flower Japanese Camellia (the link won't work until the 18th, but save it because they will go FAST)!  This card came about because I cannot let ANYTHING go to waste, especially ink. So, when I work with stencils or ink blending, I scrub off my brushes onto an other piece of card stock as to not waste the ink (you can see more about it here). These flowers were created from one of those scrap papers!  

Admittedly, the green leaves are not from that scrap paper....but the blossoms are! (obscure Goonies reference here)  Not bad for a scrap piece of paper?  Use up that ink and make scrap papers as you craft, I use mine ALL the time!

A little splatter of metallic gold watercolor and white acrylic paint just makes it so fun.  The sentiment is from Sweet Sentiments die set, which I also use all the time.

That's it for today!  I hope you've had a colorful weekend!

2 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

Those flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Birthday :)

Darlene said...

OH WOW this is just awesome! Love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B