Friday, October 20, 2023

Final color story...COLOR HUES RUNNER UP! - AS YOU SEE IT FEATURED ARTIST!

 Hi all!

I've now completed my projects for the Instagram Create 3 Ways challenge!  It's a really fun challenge, and if you're into that sort of thing, check out my Instagram tomorrow at 3 pm for all the details.  In the mean time, here is the update on what I've created for the last card using the Color Hues  and the As You See It challenges for this week!

  


I originally was going to make a pink card for my last creation, but when I saw the challenge for Color Hues this week, I HAD to do it in yellow and craft!  I'm a sucker for yellow, and yellow with craft is one of my favorite combos.  I'm also obsessed with making these leaves with just the veining from vellum...simple and gorgeous.


I again followed the same layout and products from this and this card I made earlier this week.  I have to admit...I love this one the best!


The ink colors are from Altenew.  For the yellows, I used Fresh Lemon, Maple Yellow, Honey Drizzle, and Yellow Ochre, then Rocky Shore for the craft color.  For the pumpkins, I did add Vanilla Cream for the first 2 layers then the Honey Drizzle for the last one.


So that's it!  I finished my Instagram challenge and worked on some blog challenges as well!  Not bad for a few days work...

Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you have a colorful day!

12 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Kristin I'm loving another take on those pumpkins - they look great in yellow and kraft too! This card has so many wonderful textural details, with the embossed vellum leaves and the kraft label adding lots of visual interest. Fabulous - thanks for sharing with us over at As You See It Challenge this week!

Heather said...

Such a great card - awesome color combos! Love your vellum leaves so much - I never stamp on it myself, but it looks amazing! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Jan Clothier said...

I LOVE those gorgeous vellum leaves. Vellum die cuts are so awesome and these leaves look great in your autumn themed card. Thanks for sharing with us at As You See It.

Nancy said...

Kristin, All three of these cards you made this week are just fabulous! This one might be my absolute fav! I think it's the background that really makes those leaves and pumpkins pop! So happy you joined us at Color Hues.

Karen said...

When you find a great combination, it makes sense to make multiples! I love the different color combos you chose this week, but this one rises to the top! Love it in yellow and kraft. Thanks for sharing it with us at Color Hues!

Heather Cooper said...

Kristin, not only are those maple leaves spectacular, but they are a perfect showcase for your yellow and kraft pumpkins, which I love! Also, that plaid background sets a great tone for the whole projects! Thanks for filling in the blank for us at As You See It Challenges!

Hannelie said...

I think you should frame this Kristin! It's absolutely beautiful! A great design so well executed. I love it ♥
Thanks for making my chosen colors shine!

~amy~ said...

This is so beautiful! I love all the different elements and the vellum too!

Deborah Wheeler said...

That's a fantastic card Kristin! The colours work so well and I adore those vellum leaves - they're inspired! Thanks for playing along with our vellum theme at As You See It

cm said...

Echoing the others: your card is ever so lovely. The yellow pumpkins, the background, the design...swoon! Thank you for joining us at Colour Hues.
~carol

JulieP said...

I love the depth and dimension to this!!!! It's a beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing with us at Color Hues!

Jane Knudsen said...

This card is a showstopper! From the background, to the perfect use of that vellum, to the gorgeous colors you used to the layering. Absolutely stunning! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!