Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Fall find! - JUGS SHOUT OUT! - TTTC #230 TEAM PICK!

 Hi all!

So I guess I lied...I DO have something Halloween in my stash!  I found this pumpkin stencil in a bin of old product, which is a shame because this stencil is fairly new to me...  Does anyone else do that?  Misplace items then discover them after you needed them?  I can't be the only one...can I?  Either way, it was a happy find!  


I was inspired by the challenges at Inspired By, this weeks JUGS challenge and the current Tic Tac Toe challenge.  Since I did find my pumpkin stencil, I needed to put ink on it for the first two challenges.  For the 3rd, I followed the top line, leaves, Thank you sentiment and plaid.


This fall card is a mis-mash of lots of different vendors.  I used a vintage PTI Leaf Prints set, the Greetery Diagonal Tartan plaid stencil, the TON new-ish Ella pumpkin stencil, the new Simon Says Stamp Fancy Giving Thanks sentiment die and the new Altenew Sweater stencil from the Cozy Comfort webinar with them, which may be available to the public soon!

I do love mixing and matching up items from different vendors, it's like a trick or treat bag.  Lots of different types of candy and they all make me very happy!

I also need to figure out how to avoid the little hairs on my die cut sentiment.  It only happens with the metallic gold paper...any suggestions?

Thanks for visiting me over on my side of the blog-o-sphere...I hope you have a very colorful day!

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

No... you're not alone!! Your mis-mash of vendors all played well together today, Kristin! This is a wonderful autumn card. The pumpkins are so pretty surrounded by those delicate leaves. Thanks for playing along this week at Just Us Girls!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Oh! This caught my eye at the INSOIRED BY Challenge - VERY lovely design!!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love those gorgeous pumpkins against the plaid background! Awesome composition with the leaves behind the pumpkins and beautiful metallic gold sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

I Card Everyone said...

I adore your pumpkins, Kristin! All of your treats came together beautifully!
=]

ElizStewart said...

Kristin... I love the final result! The pumpkins are perfect. Thank you so much for joining and sharing at Tic Tac Toe this week!

Carol said...

Gorgeous colors, patterns and images! Love that background and especially those pumpkins!!! So glad you joined us at Just Us Girls!

Nancy said...

Those pumpkins are terrific! As is your card! Thanks for playing at Just Us Girls this week for Word week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Kristin those pumpkins are fabulous - I would never have realised they were stencilled, they are so realistic! Paired with the plaid and fabulous layering, this card is a winner in my book - a beautiful fall-inspired card! Thanks for sharing with us at Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week! P. S. - I have a little sponge on a stick (taken from one of my kiddos painting sets when they were little!) that is really effective at brushing away those 'hairs' that you mention - I just rub it gently along the diecut edge and they fall right off. Hope that helps!