Sunday, October 15, 2023

EXCITING NEWS!!!

 Hi all!

I have some MORE exciting news today....I have been selected to be a member of the AAA Cards Challenge Design Team!!!  WOOP!  WOOP!!!  They asked me to get started right away, so here I am with my first post with them and I hope they keep me around after this creation...


The challenge for the next 2 weeks is to create something SPOOKY but keep it CAS in style.  I don't have ANYTHING in my stash for Halloween, which is surprising considering Halloween is one of our favorite holidays!  NOW...I have to say, this particular card is not my normal type of creation, and I had to dig down into my mixed media stash for inspiration to create this card...I hope it's not too creepy...  But when I found the sentiment in my bulk sentiment bin from Altenew's Classic Greetings stamp set (to be released in November and NOT AT ALL creepy!) I literally laughed out loud with how it correlated with the imagery...I mean, it could go either way, right?

I used some old Tim Holtz images and lumped them all together to form a little group.  The little pictures of kids already lean a little creepy all on their own, but I amped up the creep factor and blackened out their eyes....  Seriously, what is wrong with me!!  😂😱


Keeping the design CAS, I mounted everything on a black card front and added some purple metallic splatters using the Altenew Metallic Watercolor pan set.  

So there you go...my first post on the AAA Cards Challenge DT.  I promise my future creations won't be so....out of the box?  Creepy?  I'm really a normal person......I promise!!!


Since it is the Halloween season, and I do love this card, I am entering it in the Festive Friday challenge using black, watercolor (metallic purple splatters), and spooky sentiment.  I thought I'd add it to the Shopping our Stash challenge and the Four Seasons challenge as well!

Thanks so much for stopping by, have a colorful...not creepy...day!!

9 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

The fact those creepy dead people say "we're here for you"just makes it extra haunted ;-) Great card Kirstin and welcome to the team!

kareN stampZ said...

I love it when you really have to think outside the box for a challenge. From your fellow newbie DT I just think your card is fabulous and depicts Halloween spook-ticularly.

I Card Everyone said...

Gruesome, and spooktacular! Congratulations!
=]

Diane said...

Yikes, it is VERY spooky and a bit creepy too, just perfect for Halloween and congrats on your new DT spot!
hank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
Diane FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}

Mynn xx said...

For not having anything Halloween in your stash, you did a great job! This is totally creepy! Sending crafty HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Kristin when I saw this card it made me smile and swwallow at the same time - there is defintiely something creepy about those figures and as for the blacked out eyes ...!! Genius pairing with the sentiment too - way to up the spook factor!! Congrats on you DT appointment over at AAA Cards - you will be great! Thanks for playing with us over at Festive Friday with this one (I think!)!

dj said...

Kinda creepy but fits the challenge!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "Franken-Card" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!!
-Deb Horst, DT #SOS507

lauren bergold said...

What an amazingly original halloween card! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this time!

Jaydee said...

Genius! I would never have thought of creating a Halloween card with those characters but, especially with THAT sentiment, absolutely perfect! So glad you shared this wonderfuly suggestively creepy card with us at Festive Friday
jaydee