Thursday, October 26, 2023

JOY!!!

 Hi all!

I have a talent...professional problem solver!  I trained myself...accidentally...to be a problem solver.  Having ADHD (diagnosed in 1992) has gifted me with the opportunity to create a lot of problems for myself growing up.  I was always messing up one way or another, and had to figure out how to get myself out of the jam, without asking for help!  I'm 😉a bit of a control freak I guess...  But with this talent also came the ability to think outside the box.

For Sisterhood of Crafters challenge, I decided to pull out my items from Altenew's latest release...it was intended for Christmas, but not this time!  The beauty of using stamps and stencils is you can use your supplies anyway you want!  You're not trapped in someone else's idea of how the item should be used.  

This card background was created using my 'tip' for cleaning brushes that I shared HERE on my YouTube channel.  Watch the video to see it in action, or continue reading as I try my best to explain it.  While ink blending, its my practice to always have an A2 piece of cardstock next to me to 'clean' off the ink from my brushes...I hate wasting anything...  Once the piece is filled its set aside until inspiration to use it hits me!  Generally, there are several pieces of cardstock going at a time, so I can create a paper with a good color combo and not just add random inks together.

Starting with my 'scrap' ink card panel, I pulled some darker inks that complemented the inks on the paper.  Using the Starburst Stencil from Altenew, I inked the colors coordinating with the background.  Easy peezy!  The Joy die was cut from white cardstock then placed on the vellum...we couldn't hide that gorgeous background could we??

The little coordinating sentiments are from the stamp set Joyful Greetings.  Think outside the box everyone...those supplies can be used for more than what they are intended for!

Thank you SO much for visiting my blog, I hope I've inspired you to try something different for this challenge!  Have a wonderfully colorful day!

2 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Such a fun card - and the best advice of all!
=]

lichazul said...

Beautiful card, congrats 💐☺️ happy day