Tuesday, October 17, 2023

On a mission... THE CARD CONCEPT CHALLENGE WINNER!

 Hi all!

I've been participating in a new challenge later in the week on Instagram as an 'influencer'😂 and I'm prepping my cards for it now.  It's a 'Do it 3 ways' challenge.  I decided to use my card from earlier today as my inspiration and launching point.  Do you have try this type of challenge?  It certainly helps me to build my card stash that's for sure...


Using my layout and the items used (stencils and dies) I've decided to change up the color palette for few challenges here on the blog-o-sphere.  First the colors were inspired by The Card Concept's lovely color combo; and the Sisterhood of Crafters challenge with pumpkins.

The background uses a plaid stencil by The Greetery, and although I used all 5 stencils,  you can only see the 3 copper ones...bummer.  The next panel has the sweater stencil from Altenew's Cozy Comfort webinar (which should come out soon) inked with gray ink and dry embossed with the stencil.. It gives a nice subtle texture, though it's a bit lost on the dark color.

The pumpkins are from the Ton, and I had to fussy cut them as I did not invest in the coordinating dies...which I have just rectified as I HATE fussy cutting.  The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp and it cuts out this paper MUCH better than the mirror gold paper in my last card...more user error than the die itself I'm sure of it!  I even embossed the background for the sentiment with a wood folder to match the image from the Card Concept.

Finally, the leaves are from an old 'vintage' set from PTI called Leaf Prints.  Great set, too bad it's retired.  Alright...now to make my 3rd card for the Instagram challenge...I think I'll do it in pink for a little variety!

Thanks for visiting me, I hope you have a color filled day!!!


8 comments:

Lia said...

This is gorgeous! I like the colours and the bold letters
Lia DT TSOC

I Card Everyone said...

Another gorgeous card, Kristin! I may have to have that stencil set!
=]

Diane said...

It's a very pretty card and like the color combo and design, it all goes together so perfectly!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
{The Sisterhood}

Karen Letchworth said...

oh my goodness, this is stunning. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Card Concept. What a lovely treat for the eyes.
Karen L, DT
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com
The Card Concept

Darlene said...

Oh Kristin, this is so so pretty! LOVE your overall design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Simply Clean & Simple challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

(PS ... I'll be in touch in regards to the DT Call ... thanks)

Darlene said...

OOooops forgive me ... wrong challenge blog ... old age ya know! LOL
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Owner
Sisterhood of Crafters
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

THIS is the DT Call I was referring to! LOL Good Grief!! I need more coffee!

Esther Asbury said...

Wow!! This is so gorgeous!! I love the purple and orange color scheme and all the wonderful layers and details! Thanks so much for linking up to The Card Concept Challenge this month!

Karen K said...

Beautiful card Kristin. LOVE the layered images center front with the different textures and the colors flow so nicely together. Thank you for joining us at The Card Concepts. Karen K(DT)