Monday, October 30, 2023

Some me time...

 Hi all!

Isn't it hard to find time for ourselves?  With taking care of my elderly parents and their doctor and social commitments, my teenage daughters school and fall play schedule, my hubbys work and family business commitments and babysitting our adorable God daughter, it leaves little time for my own things.  My mom signed me up for a caregiver class these last 2 months, and I have to say it's been eye opening!  Taking time for ourselves is a must when you're taking care of so many others...I am now making MY schedule a priority, which means more time for me in the studio!!

  

So being in the studio today, I was shuffling through my weekly challenges, and found 2 color challenges that I had to do.  The Color Throwdown and the first 3 colors from the Sunday Stamps colors this week are my favorite autumn combination...oranges and teal blues are a DREAM together!

I had a pumpkin left over from my creations 2 weeks ago using the Ella Pumpkin stencil from The Ton and needed to use it asap!  I also noticed I have ZERO birthday cards in my stash...what is wrong with me??  How is that possible???  This is something I MUST rectify!

The flowers are the gorgeous Japanese Camellia die from Altenew, inked with a little Vanilla Cream.  The background is inked with Dew Drops and covered with the new Honeycomb Daisies die...to be released on November 6th!  Make sure you make a note if it...it is going to go FAST!!!

I finished it off with a sentiment with 'birthday' from the Versatile Greetings 2 foil and die and 'happy' from the Sentiment Strips 3 set.  I love the colors and can't wait to sent it to a friend whos' birthday is in a couple weeks!

That's all for now!  Hope you've had a colorful day!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, what a stunner, Kristin! That stenciled pumpkin is amazing, as are those big glorious blossoms! Such a beautiful take on our colors - I'd say you need to take care of you more often, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

dj said...

Kudos to you for making self care a priority!! Your card is so incredible beautiful!! Those layered flower dies are fantastic and you put them together & colored them beautifully!! Thanks for playing along with our "Autumn's Riches" color challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! Your rocked our Autumn color palette beautifully!!
-Deb Horst, DT #SSC321

Heidi Baks said...

Aww the mixture of flowers and pumpkins on your card is so fun! I don't think I've seen that combination. I love the subtle blue in your background. So lovely! Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Claire Broadwater said...

This is just gorgeous! I love the pretty pumpkin and the gorgeous mix of flowers. The background is so lovely! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!