Friday, October 13, 2023

CAS Autumn on Friday!

 Hi all!

Isn't it funny how old things become new again?  Like 80's and 90's fashion.  My girls are wearing things I wore when I was a teenager in high-school.  Occasionally, I'll show them a picture of something I wore that looks similar to their outfit of the day...they immediately go change!  Don't they know vintage is cool?

I decided to use that mindset for today's challenge at CAS on Friday, all the items used are 'vintage'!   The challenge is to create something with an Autumn theme, I just threw in the vintage twist for my own fun.  Making an autumn card is easy enough right?  Just make sure it is CAS in design...

I found this paper I created using metallic spray ink in green, orange, gold and a pomegranate color.  The colors got muddy, so I wasn't thrilled with it really.  I threw it in my scrap paper bin and it's been there for a few weeks, but the colors were very fall-ish, so I started from there.  

I decided to die cut the paper  pulled out a SUPER old die set for the feathers. I don't even know where it's from, but I would guess Spellbinders circa 2008?  Vintage...like me!  I then added a die cut leaf with gold embossing on it from an old PTI set I have called Leaf Prints, another vintage set from 2010...I never throw anything away.

To complete the design, I used some metallic copper paint for a stripe and a few splatters for good measure.  The sentiment I found in my scrap sentiments bin, I do know that's from Altenew, Essential Sentiments.  It's a great set, and with the die, you can make a few sentiments and use them as needed like I do.



That's it!  This is my second post on the CAS on Friday as a design team member...I'm so excited about that! I am also entering this is in the Time Out Challenge this week, Vintage...70's theme. Please be sure to visit the other DT members, the love to create as much as I do!

Thanks for stopping by, have a colorful day!

7 comments:

Ellen said...

Such a delicate card with those autumn leaves on it!

Cardogram said...

Absolutely love your card, it just stands out :)

Nancy said...

Stunning! I love the textures, the colours and the different media you used.

Tammy Fite said...

WOW! This is gorgeous! I love the paper you made--perfect for the die cuts! I really like the embossed veins on the vellum! Again, WOW!!

Bobby said...

The feather and the leaf look like something a lady would wear on her hat in the days when hat were worn everyday, Kristin. I love the mix of mica spray and vellum with gold veins on them. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Time Out.

Kate said...

These leaves are exquisite Kristin, I love your CAS interpretation of vintage! So happy our challenge inspired you - thanks for taking some Time Out to play cards with us at Time Out Challenges!
Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

Quillish said...

What a stunning card! Loving Vintage vibes from the colors and the gold accent vellum leaf is such a brilliant way to add texture but not overwhelm a CAS design. Thank you for taking time out and joining us. hugs ~ Ishani