Friday, October 27, 2023

Finally...

 Hi all!

I am FINALLY able to sit down and do the Altenew Inspiration Challenge for October!  It is being hosted by the amazingly talented Hannelie Bester...I know you've seen her work all over the blog-o-sphere...she's a national treasure.

 

This is the inspiration photo and Hannelie's interpretation of it.  Her simplistic style is quite impactful and the colors are stunning...

I used both her creation and the photo to inspire this card.  I knew I wanted to keep the design simple like Hannelie's by using a floral focal point with Altenew's Carolina Allspice Craft-a-Flower die set.  I inked my cardstock using Coral Bliss, Heart Beat, Orange Cream and Velvet Crisp Dye inks, to use the colors that best correlated with the photo.  Next, a sentiment strip from Essential Sentiments.  This is one of my all time favorite sets, as the foil plate and die allow me to make multiple sentiments and have them on hand at all times.  Then finished off with 3 satin gold sequins. 

Using the photos inspiration, I added the texture of the wood background with Altenew's Deck Planks embossing folder. After eliminating a frame...didn't want an exact replica...I went with a circle from the Halftone Circle die and added ink swipes using Moon Rock and Morning Frost Crisp Dye Inks.   I also added a touch of green...from the space in between the boards...and added a leaf cut from the same die set, but inked with Mountain Pine, Hunter Green and Green Onyx.

I finished off the card using the sentiment strip a few splatters of Moon Rock ink and the 3 sequins.

Thanks for visiting my corner of the internet today, I hope you have a colorful day!!

2 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Kristin, this is absolutely stunning!
=]

aussie aNNie said...

This is beautiful love the design, and the fabulous colours ♥