Monday, March 8, 2010

Waiting to the last minute

Typical me, I'm waiting to the last minute to get my things done!  I spent the week in 'spring cleaning' mode, preparing for visitors and the new season.  I only had one chance to get into my creatin' space all week, and it took me over 2.5 hours to make a card!!!  Crazy I know!!!  I'll be posting that one later.  I was able to whip up these this evening, with many problems arrising.  Probably because I'm under a time crunch to get done and I hate to miss a challenge at Moxie Fab!  So here is 1 of the 3 cards I was able to do for the Olympic Stamping Challenge.

Vintage Love
I'm not a vintage person, but I just received a whole box of great vintage items and they inspired me!  I used a page out of an old book that I happend to have 2 of on my shelf, and cut out a page with a poem about Danish women.  It caught my eye, since one of my BFF's lives in Denmark, so Anne, this one's for you!  I embossed the Pirouette Pink background with my Cuttlebug and herringbone folder then lightly rubbed it with white craft ink and framed it with Kiwi Kiss.  The poem is inked with So Saffron along the edges and Regal Rose along the right edge.  I stamped the cherry blossom image from Embrace life in Close to Cocoa and filled in the blossoms with my Uniball white gel pen.  The sentiment is from Love Matters and is stamped with Chocolate Chip on vellum and backed with the same cotton blend ivory paper the card body is.  I stamped the cherry blossom image on the back and again colored the blossoms white, then lightly dabbed some Regal Rose in the center.  The flower blossom is also stamped on the
 cotton paper with Close to Cocoa and is colored in using a blender pen with the pinks and also with white.  I highlighted the stemen of the flower with mini pearls.  The lace and the velvet ribbon are May Arts.  WHEW!!!  What a day!

1 comment:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Kristin! Thanks again for entering the Olympics of Stamping challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)