Saturday, March 6, 2010

Try it! SvS03

It's another addition of Simple vs Sophisticated here at LilyBeth Boutique!  This is a weekly challenge to recreate a card you made this week in a different style.  I generally use many layers, lots of stamping and papers in my creations.  This I call Sophisticated (only because I couldn't think of an 'S' word for fussy).  My not typical creations have little or no layers, lots of negative space and limited papers.  These I call the Simple cards. 

The card I made to recreate was for the Tuesday Trigger at Moxie Fab inspired by this photo.  Isn't it FABULOUS!!!  I love everything in this photo.  

Here is the card I made for the challenge.  I stamped the papers with Spring Solitude, then sliced them up and paper pieced the background.  I really like the effect.  I then used SU! chipboard letters and covered them with old retired SU! glitter (which I love and hoard)  I stanped the whitr tag with the flowers from Spring Solitude and used 2 different staps from For a Friend to get the 'appy' and 'rthday' for the sentiment.  I'n not too thrilled with the tag, but it's still cute.

The recreation is the Simple card, but it really looks complicated.  I made the flowers out of some DP I found to match and another flower with Cameo Coral and topped them with buttons.  The card is Cuttlebugged with Swiss Dots and the banner is stamped with 'wonderful' from Warm Words.  The end of the banner is dipped in more of that fabulous retired SU! glitter.  I really liked how this one came out. 

3 comments:

cnelson said...

Such fun and fabulous cards!! Love your take on the trigger!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Kristin! What fun approaches to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm glad you've found it to be so inspiring! :)

Lisa Petrella said...

Wow! These are SUPER!! I love the effect of the paper piecing in the first one!! I just screams sunshine to me! And the flowers on the second one are ultra cute!