Sunday, March 28, 2010

Lace

Lace.  It's not just for grandma.  I'm not a huge fan of it, but once I recieved this great May Arts Lace from No Time to Stamp, I may be a convert.  This card is for the CaardVarks Lacy Days challenge with JustRite Stamps.  I would KILL for some of these, I love making monogram cards and their system is fool-proof (and I am a fool!)
I started by spraying water on cotton blend ivory card stock and stamping SU! French Script background stamp in Creamy Caramel.  I then dried it a bit with my heat tool, turned it over and stamped it again with the same stamp and ink.  I really like the feel it created.  I wrapped the great May Arts Lace Ribbon around the bottom of the panel and layered it with May Arts blue velvet ribbon as well.  This panel was then adheared to a 4.25 x 4.25"  Chocolate Chip card body.  The Baja Breeze was cut with a Spellbinders tag die and stamped the cherry blossom image from SU! Embrace Life with Chocolate Chip classic ink.  I colored the blossoms in with a UniBall white gel pen, then with a blender pen, used Creamy Caramel over the white to give it a softer color.  'Thinking of you' was stamped in Chocolate Chip from the SU! Warmest Reguards stamp set.  I finished it off my placing it hanging over the edge to give it a classic card size feel and adding brown pearls from Kaiser.
I'm still sunin' it up in Florida!  Wish you were here!

No comments: