Monday, March 8, 2010

Going for the Gold!

One of my FAVORITE holiday's is Christmas.  Being a former Florist and Special Events Designer I like to think outside of the box when it comes to decorating my home for the holiday's.  I NEVER use red and green for my decorations.  My house is decorated with yellows, whites, blues and greens and that is the pallete I choose to use when I prepare for the season.  I love using oppulent textures and accessories, shiny glass bulbs, glittery snowflakes, lime green crystals, strings of pearls, satin and silk ribbons, Waterford Crystal ornaments hanging from the chandeliers...ahhh makes me want winter back - almost!  I decided to use those colors for this Season's greetings card for the Olympics of Stamping challenge at Moxie Fab, to pay homage to my yearly celebration indulgement.

Yellow Snow
Now there is a reason they tell you NOT to eat the yellow snow.  (I could resist the using this name)  I used an Autumn Leaves stamp set for the swirls on the White Pearlized Shimmer Paper and embossed them with Ranger Pearl Silver EP.  I them stamped SU's Snowflakes (I need a new set) with Certainly Velery and Soft Sky, then embossed with Ranger Pearl Gold the smaller flakes.  Lastly I stamped the larger flake again and used SU! Heat and Stick Powder and Dazzling Diamonds to highlight them.  The sentiment is from Holiday's & Wishes and is also embossed with the same gold EP.  It is stamped on Whisper White and layered on Kiwi Kiss paper.  The ribbon is May Arts Silk ribbon and is adorned with an SU! felt snowflake that I added a green pearl and glitter to.  This is a pretty good representation of what my house looks like, lots of shine and glimmer!
EDIT:  This photo was removed for publication.  Stay tuned for new on when and where you can see it again!

10 comments:

Els said...

What a magnificent and rich card! I love your background!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Kristin! You've been a busy girl! Thanks for entering the Olympics of Stamping challenge in the Moxie Fab World! Good for you! :)

Deb Rymer said...

Oh - I just LOVE this card - so very beautiful. Congrats on a well deserved win!

Tee said...

Loved your card..congrats on the win...truly a masterpiece!

Tejal

Desiree said...

Such a beautiful card, I absolutely love it!

Kara said...

Stunning card! Congratulations!!
Kara

Unknown said...

This card just screams out 'beautiful'! CONGRATS on your Moxie Fab win!

Kelly said...

stunning card. wow!
kelly

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

This card is a jaw dropper! Just beautiful.

Cynde said...

This card is so Elegantly Gorgeous! I love the colors and the soft overall palette you chose. Thanks for the inspiration!