Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Over Embellished?

I created 2 of the most over worked and over embellished cards today.  This is totally NOT my style.  The first one isn't too bad, but the second....could there be anymore elements?!? 

This first one is based on the card sketch at 2Sketches4U, but I flipped it over and added the pearls at the bottom for the strip in the sketch.   I had crocheted the flower last night out of embroidery floss, thinking I would make another card for the Fun with Floss challenge at Moxie Fab, but it got late and I decided to go to bed.  I couldn't let it go to waste, so I decided to use it today, hence the vintage style of this card. 
The color scheme is from the PTI March DT Challenge, and I used lisa Johnson's color scheme.  Since I don't have PTI papers, I used my SU! Whisper White, Blush Blossom, Kraft and Chocolate Chip.  The stamps are from the Verve "Because of You" stamp set.  I think this will go to Rob's Grandmother Tierney. 

This second one...I'm not sure what I was thinking.  Perhaps Rob laced my Crystal Light with something.  I was making it for the Embellish challenge, but will have to create something else for that.  I won't even go into what I did to it, I'd be typing all night.  This one will go to Rob's mom, she'll like it.  Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Cathy Weber said...

You are too hard on yourself. Your cards are beautiful and I don't think they are over-embellished at all. The colors are so soft that the embellishments are just perfect. Nice job on the challenge.