Monday, May 20, 2019

Thinking of YOU!



HOLY COW!!!  I can’t believe its REALLY been this long since I’ve last created a card....for shame, for shame... I have a great reason, all my art studio supplies have long been packed away in a storage unit for over 3 years.  Yup.  Three.  Long.  Years.   In that time, the girls and I moved to my hometown and into my hubby’s childhood home, we planned an addition to the house....which would have included an art studio space....but, instead decided to just renovate....no additional square footage.... had to wait another year to figure out a crafting space, and have NOW just completed a little house on our property for an art studio!....like, just Friday....  3 total years later, here I am!  Unpacking and rediscovering all the things I have to create with.  It’s really been fun...  If you want to see the before and after photos of the studio, check them out here.

SO much has changed since I was last here!  I feel a little lost to be quite frank.  It took me a long while to remember what my signin info was, old friends are no longer blogging and some of my favorite companies are in limbo.  BUT, it has been great to see new faces and ideas to get the heart pumping!  I decided unpack everything and get it all organized before I started creating, but all these papers and supplies were just too tempting for my little heart to ignore.  I had to get just one in....maybe two...


I found the Freshly Made Sketches challenge site last night as I was poking around the bloggisphere.  I love the concept of simple, yet embellished creations.  Contradictory terms you may think...nope.  Just keep the items clean and simple and you’ve got the idea.  It all started with this sketch:
I'm trying to come up with a new way to store my PTI stamps, as the cd cases are taking up too much space in my shiny new cabinets!  As I was going through them, I came across my old tried and true set I love to use.  So I put re-organization on hold and got to crafting!  I did use a new die, the scallop card.  It took me a few failed attempts to figure out the best way to cut it, but I think I figured it out?  At least this one came out!  I loved the stitching on the edges, super cute!  Since I don't have my photo box set-up anymore, i will have to work on my photo editing skills.  The color is a little off...too much blue...since I used natural light.  I'll figure it all out again!
Supplies:
Stamps and dies: PTI Up, Up and Away, PTI Scalloped card
Inks: Stampin Up Basic Black and So Saffron
Paper: Stampin Up Whisper White, So Saffron; American Crafts City Park
Embellies: Pink seam binding ribbon, blue button, yellow striped baking twine


Do you have any organization ideas for your space?  I'd love to hear them!



1 comment:

Amy O said...

This is such a pretty card! I love that you are rediscovering stamping. How fun to get to unpack all of your stamping treasures and put them in their new home. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!