Wednesday, May 29, 2019

A simple hello...



Good morning peeps!

I decided to pull out my 'new' PTI Gran's Garden set....well, I ordered them 3 years ago and have only just now been able to use them.....  I do love this set, I'm still trying to get the hang of doing some cool color combos like Dawn McVey does.  I think I need to invest in the Misti stamper.  It would be so helpful with sets like this.  I was inspired by the Color Throwdown Challenge this week.  I used to visit them a ton back in the day, their color stories are so fun!  I've also decided to add this card to the Watercolor Wednesday Challenge this week - Anything Goes.


I'm debating on investing in new stamp pads.  I've had most my Stampin up ones for over 10 years and I can't get any more refills for them.  Any recommendations?  Hybrid...dye...pigment?

Supplies:
Stamps:  PTI Gran's Garden
Inks: Stampin Up Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzaz, Crumb Cake, Certainly Celery, Perfect Plum
Dies: PTI Gran's Garden and scalloped card dies; PinkFresh Classic Words Die Set
Paper: Stampin Up Kraft, Whisper White; old gingham paper from my stash

4 comments:

Michelle W said...

Beautiful card, I love that pretty stamp set! I love my Catherine Pooler inks! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Karen Brown said...

What a pretty little floral card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Wanda Cullen said...

I'm so thrilled you decided to join us at Color Throwdown as your floral design is really gorgeous! I've gotten a mixture of ink pads (quite a few small cubes from Reverse Confetti and PTI which is now Ink to Paper). I have most of WPlus9 pigment pads as well. I find myself going to the distress inks a lot and now the distress oxide inks. I like experimenting with water coloring/smooshing and these work well for that. They also have the smaller cubes which make it more affordable to have more colors. Thanks for playing along with us at CTD and hope to see you in the gallery again!

TK said...

Beautiful! Your colors are gorgeous and the composition is beautiful. I just ordered a few CP inks and I have to say these are the first ones that I LoVe!