Wednesday, May 22, 2019

CAS(E) Woody life

I thought I would join this week's CAS(E) challenge!  Here is the sketch they provided:

A little back story...

My husband's dream car is a Jeep Grand Wagoneer.  While we were dating, we were driving down the highway the day after Thanksgiving.  A man driving his dream car was ahead of us.  Beloved sped up to drive next to the guy, and while driving 60mph on the road, convinced the man to pull over so we could have our photo taken with his car....the man is a natural sales man.... Here is the photo:


1 year later, and we were getting married.  What do you get the man that has everything?  His dream car.  I found one close to home for a STEAL!...and it looks almost identical to the one he spotted on the highway!....  Granted it has become the biggest money pit ever, but that man's eye's lit up when I gave it to him!  We used it as our 'get-away car' for our wedding.  The car is currently undergoing a full on renovation.  Beloved is drooling every week when he visits the shop to see the progress.  I'm just glad he's enjoying it!

On to the sketch...  When I saw this set from PTI, I knew I had to have it! A perfect stamp set to make cards for my Beloved.  It's been sitting in a box for 3 years, just waiting for me to have all my art supplies unpacked.  This is a set that will need some practice, that's for sure.  I made this card this evening, but I had to make 3 cars to get one even close to perfect.  I think I will also need to get hybrid inks.  The Stampin' Up! waterbased inks bubble up on the surface, even after rubbing them down with an eraser.


Supplies:
Stamps:  PTI On the Wagon
Inks: Stampin Up Soft Sky, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzaz, Old Olive, Soft Suede, Basic Gray, Soft Gray
Paper: Stampin Up Soft Suede, Whisper White; Vellum
Embellies: green buttons, silver cording
Dies:  PTI  On the Wagon and stitched set 1


No comments: