Tuesday, May 21, 2019

French Aloha Kisses

Hi ya'll!  Or should I say aloha!  I'm here with today's creation for the Paper Smooches May Challenge...Flowers.  WAY back in 2016, I was a guest designer with PS and knew upon my return I needed to get back to working with Kim's awesome images!  Bummer is, the only flower set from PS I own is the Bold Blooms set.  I don't have the die cutters....but after today's challenge, they're on my list!....  I struggled with this challenge.  I love the large images, but struggled with how to create something that was a little different, but that still showed off the image.  I tried water colors, creating a background paper with them stamps, I even tried just a single flower layout.  Nothing tickled my fancy.  I went thru all my flower embellies, which I surprisingly have very little of!  I then opened my new glitter/embossing drawer....how could I resist this drawer?....and found the perfect embossing powder to use.  Ranger brand Verdigris.  I've had this powder for about 8 years, so I'm not sure they sell it anymore.  I'm glad I hung onto it during the move, because I kinda dig it.

Since tropical leaves are all the rage in decorating right now, I thought I would use that as my inspiration.  I decided to use it to create the background with layers of Versamark, the Verdigris embossing powder and white embossing powder.  I added some gold Stickles to the centers of the flowers to match the sentiment.  Simple and fun card!

What do you use to inspire your creations?


No comments: