Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Time well spent...

I was able to spend a few moments creating last night (until 2 am), and was feeling a bit inspired. I was also catching up on my challenges and found this great paper that seemed to fit. This card was inspired by one of my dearest friends, who is done vacationing here in the states for the year and she flew back to Copenhagen on Monday. As I was going thru my stash of stamps, I found this one that I hadn't even mounted yet (for shame!!!) and thought it was perfect! So Anne if you're checking in, this one's for you!

Time well spent....
This card is also for the SCS Color Challenge 172, Wild Wasabi, Taken with Teal and Whisper White. I took creative licence and added the Chocolate Chip because I had this great designer paper sitting around that, although the blue isn't exact, I think it gets carried off well. I did paper piecing for the flower from 'Time well Spent', trimed it with the Chocolate Chip marker, unibal White gel pen and Certainly Celery flower in the middle. I added the Teal rhinestone, because, let's face it, I'm part girly girl and love the bling. The Taken with Teal is Cuttlebugged and layered on Chocolate Chip. I then used sticky strip to adhere the beads and the Blue Brilliance glitter for some over the top sparkle. The designer paper is layered on TT and CC as is the sentiment which I colored in the 'Friends' using WW & TT with my aqua pen. The backgound WW is stamped with Canvas for some added texture.

No comments: