Saturday, July 26, 2008

Double-ly adorable!

I had some time after the birthday party, so while Lily was sleeping and I was doing laundry, I made this card. Talk about multi-tasking!



This is for the SCS card sketch challenge #186 this week. I started by selecting a stamp set that would complement the strip along the bottom of the sketch, so I picked out Double Line Doodles (retired SU!). I stamped the long strip first on Certainly Celery with CC ink, then highlighted the image with my uniball White gel pen and Old Olive marker. I layered that on Old Olive paper and using scalloped scissors, trimmed the edges down the length of the paper. Next I used another retired SU! item, the background paper (don't remember the name) and layered that on CC and Always Artichoke. The second panel is the SU! DS Print paper in Certainly Celery, layered on Old Olive. I stamped 'adorable' from Warm Words with Always Artichoke, 'cause she's adorable! The main image from the stamp set is stamped on Whisper White with Always Artichoke, then sponged with CC and OO. I then cut out the center if the image and featured a photo of Lily behind it (isn't she cute!). That is layered on CC and AA trimmed with the scallop scissors (I don't have the Nestabilities yet) and I put white polkadots around it with the white gel pen. I added Moss grosgrain ribbon under the image and attached it with dimensionals. That's it! Thanks for looking!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The doodle frame around your daughters pictures is perfect! What a beautiful card!