Saturday, July 26, 2008

Emma's Birthday!

Lily's best friend from preschool, Emma had her Cinderella birthday party today! Lily had tons of fun with her friends from school playing princesses, swinging and picking flowers (aka weeds). We got Emma a Sleeping Beauty dress for her upcoming trip to Disney World, but this morning I decided I needed to make something a little extra. So in about an hour and 15 minutes, I came up with this collection of goodies for her next year at preschool!


This doesn't have any SU! products in it, so I can't explain what everything is and where it's from, but I can explain the process. The lunchbox is from the Target $1 spot, about 2 years ago (I hope they do them again this year). I used ModPodge to attach the paper with rounded corners to the front and the back. I usually do the whole name, but this is a small box and it didn't fit. So instead, I added her inital with a pre-made chipboard letter then applied ModPodge to the whole thing to make it water proof. Then embellished it simply with a prima flower, button and ribbon. The handle had ribbons tied to it in an array of colors. I made a crayon box slide with the same paper, punches and the retired SU! letter set letter dots (I don't think that's the name). The little pad of paper (its only 3.5"x3.5") has the same paper, chipboard and embellishments as the lunch box. Tosssed in a few pens and pencils and voila'!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool lunch box! They whole set is great! Gives me an idea on a lunch box for my daughter.