Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Look Familiar?

I really love Soft Sky, it's a shame it's being retired. I'm getting a bunch of it before it goes though. This is for the SCS color challenge CC176, and I actually finished this one within 12 hours of posting! That's a record for me.

The colors for this challenge were Soft Sky, River Rock and Very Vanilla. Its a lovely, soft combination. This is the same layout I did for the Mojo Monday #44 last month, it's very versatile. I started out with a Chocolate Chip card base, I know it looks like Basic Black, but it's not, its Chocolate Chip. (I cheated I know, but I like a little more contrast) and layered on Very Vanilla with a River Rock panel that was Cuttlebugged. On that, I added a Soft Sky panel, stamped on Script in SS and sponged the edges, then layered it on VV. The 3rd panel is the textured River Rock paper with sponged edges and layered also on VV. I added a strip of Soft Sky stiched ribbon on that as well. The main image is from Embrace Life, stamped in Chocolate Chip, with the flowers colored in with my uniball white gel pen and highlighted with SS using my aqua painter. I sponged the edges and layered it on RR, SS and CC. The scallop is SS with CC dots, then the sentiment is stamped on VV with CC and Script stamped over it with SS and sponged around the edges. I didn't have any embellishements in that great Chocolate Chip color, so I had to settle for Close to Cocoa buttons with a thin strip of River Rock threaded thru the holes.

1 comment:

Michelle Quinno said...

Your card is gorgeous! And, I'm assuming here, but your daughter is just precious!