Saturday, August 9, 2008

It feels like spring...

Well, I'm back from our last vacation of the summer...it was a long one for me! A week in Petoskey Michigan (fabulous place and weather!) then 3 more days in Perrysburg with my parents before they left for Seattle for 5 1/2 weeks! Whew...now that I'm back, I'm following Doctors orders, doing things that keep my stress level to a minimum for baby's sake :). So that means stamping (No arguement here)!
Here is one I did for last weeks SCS color challenge 177, Groovy Guava (GG), Whisper White (WW) and Sahara Sand(SS). I of course added another neutral (well, what I consider a neutral), Chocolate Chip(CC). The card base is an A2 card of SS. The bottom layer is SS stamped with the wheel from the Spring Solitude Bundle inked with SS. I sponged the edges with SS and layered it on GG with the bottom edge punched with the new SU! scallop punch (love it!) and polka-dots with my unibal white gel pen. I wrapped the layer with a wide white grosgrain ribbon I have. The second layer is on SS stamped with the Spring Solitude solid flower stamp with SS ink, then I used Versamark with the flower outline stamp to emboss with white EP that over the other stamped images (does that make sense?) My embossing buddy failed me this time, as there are TONS of white EP flakes everywhere. I stamped the sentiment with SS marker and Versamarker and embossed the word 'you' with white EP. The panel is sponged with SS around the edges and layered on GG. I then attached that to the 1st layer and wrapped it with CC grosgrain ribbon. The final layer I used the branch stamp, inked with CC marker and SS marker and stamped it on SS, then stamped the bird with Versamark and embossed with white EP. I punched the image out with my 1 1/4" square punch and sponged the edges with SS, used my 1 3/8" punch with WW and cut out CC to frame this. Finally, GG is punched out with my Marvy scallop square punch with white polkadots again around the edge and I added a CC grosgrain knot with a mini glue dot. I have to say that I really like this stamp set, it's a shame it to me so long to get it!

No comments: