Friday, February 2, 2024

Noted Hearts

Simon Says Stamp Noted Hearts for CAS on Friday

Hi all!

Welcome to another challenge at CAS on Friday!  This fortnight's challenge is VALENTINE'S!!  I used to love to exchange the little paper valentine's when I was in grade school.  Making a pretty little bag...no boxes in the late 70's-early 80's.  We would tape them to the front of our desks then drop in our classmates bags...up and down the rows...  I once made mine, it didn't go over well.  They were a hot mess, but also, kids didn't do that back then!  It was considered...weird...if they only knew how weird I would get!!🤣🤣🤣


First, I need to apologize for the quality of the photos.  My phone took a nose dive on my weekend trip to NOLA...it was innocent!  It fell out of my pocket when I was climbing out of a carriage tour, so no alcohol was involved even though I was at Mardi Gras.  Only the camera part and back were damaged which leaves the pictures a little wonky.  Coupled with the fact I am still working on learning my new computer with its' editing software, and it's a perfect storm for weird photos!  I'll be getting it repaired this weekend, but until then, hopefully we can endure it...  


This card features a new set from Simon Says Stamp Smitten collection called Noted Heart.  It's so cute and perfect for making tags and valentines for school aged kids and teachers.  Since I used to be a teacher, I think that is why I love this set so much!  The set has a variety of sentiments to go with the main statement, but since I love EVERYTHING about my high school aged daughter, I went with that. 


The notebook paper heart was stamped with Ocean Waves Crisp dye ink and little hearts with Coral Berry and Ruby Red.  The photo doesn't show the difference in the color...thank you broken camera...and I added red Stickles to the solid heart to make them pop!  Everything was stamped on a card front panel die cut with My Favorite Things Wonky Stitched Rectangle Die set and added to a card base.

That's it for this week!  Be weird like me and make your Valentine cards, then share them with us in our gallery, we love to see your work.  

Have a colorful week!








1 comment:

Nancy said...

What a wonderful card! I love how simple it is!!