Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Embossing Love

Embossing with Altenew's Craft Your Life LOVING YOU set on the Sisterhood of Crafters challenge!


Hi all!

So happy you are here to join us for another challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters!  An with today being Valentines day, what better theme for our challenge than LOVE!  I know you have all been out there working on those cards for your loved ones, so let's see them!

I made this card for my dad to give my mom.  He has pretty advanced Alzheimer's disease, but most days he knows my mom, but even on the days he doesn't, he knows she's important to him.  The body just knows things even when the mind doesn't, ya know?  He does get excited to give her things still, which is amazing!


This card is made from Altenew's recent Craft Your Life series release, Loving You.  It comes with the stencil and the embossing plate...which is GORGEOUS!  I just adore this set and I know I'll be using it for years!  The main image is stamped then heat embossed with gold embossing powder which just makes it pop off the card.  Next, using the stencil, the blue flowers and their stems were inked, then finished off with some colored pencils on the main flowers. 


After die cutting the image out, the white edge was then colored with a marker to make it match the background paper and 2 more die cuts were used cut from the same colored paper to make it stacked and pop off the card front.  The sentiment from the same set was also heat embossed.  It was a difficult decision on what color to make it, it started off the same color as the background, but ultimately the blue won out, although you can still see a hint of that purpley-pink color peeking out in some places.


Finally, the background was simply made with the embossing folder using some old SU paper I have still on hand, couldn't give you the name it's been so long, but I think it's rose something?   

That's it!  I hope you'll join us for this challenge, I'd love to see what you do for love!

Have a colorful day!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Kristin this is absolutely lovely, I bet your Mom loved it, you sound like a terrific daughter to have!! Happy Valentines Day from one of the 'sistahs'!!

Darlene said...

WOW what a beautiful stamp/die set and you've certainly made it shine! Your mom will certainly treasure this beautiful card that I can tell is filled with LOVE!! Nicely done Sistah!!

I Card Everyone said...

Kristin, the thought is as lovely as your card!
=]