Monday, February 19, 2024

Birthday Love

 Ink Blending with Altenew's NEW Dainty Hearts!

Hi all!

It has been a CRAZY February so far.  LOTS of traveling by plane and car this week alone.  Part of my travel included a weekend in NYC for fashion week!!!  EEEKKK!!!  I'm obsessed with fashion, though my mom bod isn't 'high fashion' shaped, I swoon over the beautiful clothes.  I will say, shoes, bags and jewelry always fit and I did pick up my share of both over the weekend...can you blame me??

  

Although I was only home for 3 days this week, I was fortunate to spend one of those days in the studio getting out some of my creative energy.  Leaping off from Altenew's February Challenge colors and the arrival of my newest purchase from them, this card came together perfectly!  

The new Dainty Hearts foil plate and stencil combo was SO easy...they make a stunning background! The stencil is genius, it has 3 stencils, but when you flip them, it's like having 6...Altenew is so flippin' smart...  Using their mini blending and detail blending brushes with the Crisp Dye Inks Sweet Leaf, Pink Diamond, Pinkalicious, Sunkissed, Orange Cream and Wisteria, I was able to create this background in no time at all!  I'm excited to explore some new color combos with this set.  

This gorgeous panel needed a foiled sentiment!  Since I am very low on my birthday stash of cards, I opted to use the Versatile Greetings 2 foil and die set.  Keeping the sentiment simple allows the background to really shine.  The card was finished off with some pearl dots to highlight the flower centers of the hearts.

The gorgeous pattern from the Dainty Hearts would make a beautiful quilt dont' you think?  I wish I knew how to quilt,  maybe some crafty sewer could re-create this pattern?  Once this card was finished, I knew I had to add it to the Inspired By challenge as well.

That's it for me!  Have a colorful day!!

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

Sounds like you were busy and how fun to include a weekend in NYC for fashion week.
I love how you were inspired! All that gold foiling is absolutely gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us at the Inspired by Challenge!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Beautiful card 🤩 Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!