Thursday, February 22, 2024

Rebound heart...HAND STAMPED CHALLENGE ARTISTS PIC!

 Spellbinders Monthly Die Club take 2!

Hi all!

I had to rebound from my last card...it was killing me!  Since I had another die cut heart just sitting there, I decided to make a CAS card with it.


 

I've redeemed my self confidence and am entering this card in the Inkspirational, Hand Stamped Sentiments, AAA Birthday Cards, Simply Clean and Simple and the Flower Challenge challenges...there are little tiny flowers on the heart...can you see them?  

It was very simple to make, just a little pink and peach watercolor paint blobbed onto the bottom right corner of my card front panel.  This is a new cardstock brand for me and I'm experimenting with different techniques to see how it holds up.  Water is a no go...the results are only ok, and it took forever to dry since it's 140 lb paper.

After the initial paint dried, I added a few splatters of the colors I used along with copper metallic watercolor paint.  Can you see the shine?

Since I added the metallic splatters, a copper colored sentiment was called for.  Altenew's Sweet Sentiment was small enough and gave me a birthday theme as well.  It was finished off with some Copper Stickles.

I feel better having whipped this one out and officially consider myself kicked off the struggle bus for the day!

Have a colorful, struggle-free day!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Just beautiful! Love that pretty pink wash, and the delicate spatters around that gorgeous heart! Fabulous layered sentiment, too! Really lovely! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Nonni said...

Another great card with that sweet little heart die! Love the CAS design. xx

Bobby said...

I love that watercolor corner you created, Kristin, and the heart die pops off it beautifully. I totally get the struggle as I've been going through it myself. You did well with this one. Thanks for celebrating our birthday with us at Time Out.

Jane.D said...

What a beautiful card, Kristin! I love it! And yes, I see the shine. Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Birthday, hope you'll join us in future challenges too! Take care, keep crafting and have fun! xx

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Clean & Simple Challenge.

Cardsbymaaike said...

Gorgeous, love the soft look. Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Very pretty card, Kristin. I love a CAS card and your little elements and touches make this one sing! Thanks for joining us at HSS this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

Helen said...

Beautiful - really pretty and delicate.

Thanks for joining us at the AAA Birthday Challenge.

Helen x
DT