Tuesday, February 27, 2024

A Twist on a Class Project

 NEW PinkFresh from their Create & Connect event!

Hi all!

I had the absolute pleasure of being a participant in the Create & Connect event this past weekend!  It was the first one I have ever done with them, and I must say I am IMPRESSED!!!  The product arrived far in advance, the booklet explaining the projects and products was thorough and well thought out, finally the classes were tons of fun with lots of ideas and instruction.  Have you ever attended one of their events before?  If not...sign up for one...seriously.  They have posted their upcoming card classes for the year, and unfortunately I am out of town for two...  I may just sign up and watch the videos on my own time, I'm that excited about it!

This is a card I made using the new products from the classes.  For this card, I sort of follow one for the classes with the layout and shadowbox technique...which is SO cool... but I used my own colors and a different stamp and die set.  The colors are a perfect match for the current Inkspirational color challenge and I'm all about them...  And since all these products are new and never used before this weekend, I'm sharing with NBUS too!

How yummy is this?!?  I love the layout and the technique featured by Anett Gelencser...she's a smarty-pants that lady!  I will be using this more often for sure.  They haven't released the items from the classes except for one...which I'll share on another post... but they said they will come out in the near future, so if you like anything you see, keep your eyes peeled in the coming months.  The card started with die cutting several border panels, including the window box using the Notched Corner Frame.  It has a total of 10 dies for multiple options.  A fancy little zigzag fold was used to make the window box.  Let me know if you the instructions aren't on her site and I'll share them if you're interested.  

Next the flowers and strawberries are from the new Berries and Blossoms stamp set, which also has a coordinating die and a press plate!  The images were stamped, heat embossed with antique gold embossing powder and the coordinating stencil was used to add my peach, pink and mint colors.  I don't have a single Pink Fresh ink pad...which I just rectified with a purchase today...so I used my Altenew Pink Pearl and Coral Bliss ink pads for the flowers and the strawberries.  Minty Mint for the leaves and Sunray for the touches of yellow flowers finished off the colors for the card.  

Finally, the sentiment came from the new Extra Special Sentiments stamp and die set.  I opted not to use any embellies for this, I felt it had a LOT going on, and sometimes you just have to refrain from adding another element....or not...

That's it!  Check out all that Pink Fresh has to offer...I think they may have converted me...

Have a colorful day!


3 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Kristin, I have not attended one of their C&C events, but it looks like you had a ton of fun. There is as you say 'a LOT' going on here but I do love a shadowbox card and all the extra spots they give to add more of all the pretty things. You aced that class!
=]

Darnell said...

This deserves a shouted WOWZER, Kristin! It is not a card, it is a GIFT to be cherished. The colors and the details are fantastic! Somehow you have arranged the layers to nestle perfectly without too few or too many. Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! (And attend the classes!) Hugs, Darnell

Pia S said...

What an impressive layered design! So detailed, lots to take in. Thanks for playing in our challene over at INKspirational.