Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Winter Blues

 Hi all!

Its that time again!  Another challenge for Sisterhood of Crafters is ready to roll!  I just love doing challenges, they really help me work outside my comfort zone and try different things.  This fortnight challenge is WINTER BLUES.  I have a friend that always gets sad during the winter months, so I went that route when making this card.  Some snail mail love to cheer her up, but also not remind her of the wintery mess outside.


This card has an acetate overlay with foil added to it from Altenew's Nordic Vines set done with Rose Gold foil.

The card base has the same foil plates 'letter pressed' into it.  I didn't have the BetterPress system at the time, so I just used a rubber mat I had with my die cutting machine.  Unfortunely, the edges of the plate show, which wouldn't happen with the BP, but it still looked good so I went with it.  It is also swiped it with some Dusk Crisp ink to make it stand out more.


It is finished off with a sentiment from the Versatile Greetings 2 die set, with the background cut from Topaz card stock.

Hope you're all staying warm!  Now go check out our DT's work to inspire you!  Have a colorful day!


3 comments:

Darlene said...

OMG this is such a creative & pretty card! LOVE that sentiment! Well done!

I Card Everyone said...

Kristin, I love the combo of navy and rose on your card today! SO pretty!
=]

aussie aNNie said...

Amazing and what a gorgeous card this is with this lovely design and colours ♥