Saturday, February 3, 2024

Loving Lunar Paste!

Channeling Dolly Parton with Simon Hurley's Lunar Paste!

Hi all!

I am a girly-girl through and through!  Don't get me wrong, I am in my element in a horse barn or camping as well, but I'm going to do it with pizzaz and some shimmer!  How about you?  Are you into the bling...the shimmer...the shine...the sparkle?  Then you'll love this post!

 

I have been obsessed with the Simon Hurley Lunar Pastes for a while, and even have quite the stash of them.  Using them in unexpected places on flower stencils or with eye popping color combos are some of my favorite ways of using them.  

The Simon Says Stamp Puppy Love stencil was perfect for this embossing paste background technique, simple and repetitive to make a texture with just a little design. Sticking with the Color Hues, Colorful Options and JUGS color challenges, using Prom Queen Lunar Paste color against red cardstock...oh gracious it is so YUMMY! The pink is just POPPING off the background...it's even more fabulous in person!

Since the background was so fantastic, the rest of the card needed to be simple...but there's nothing wrong with amping up the shimmer.  I channeled my inner Dolly Parton using more PINK and the Fancy Love You sentiment die from Simon Says Stamp cut from Altenew Tourmaline glitter card stock...look at it sparkle!!!

The whole thing is finished off with some sequins in red and white, because Dolly would have wanted it that way... 

That's it for today, have a colorful, shimmery, sparkly day!

8 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

I am totally in LOVE with your background Kristin...that stencil is so cool to begin with and then adding the lunar paste and how it pops off the red card base...WOW!! Your sparkling sentiment finishes of this beauty perfectly! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Color Hues Color Challenge...you have totally made these colors SHINE!! Marcia (DT)

I Card Everyone said...

My crafty friend Marcia has said it all - may I just add that the little puppy-paws in this stencil make it all the more special!
=]

Nancy said...

I can't tell you how many times I have thought about getting some Lunar paste and have not. You may have just sealed the deal with this pretty card! What a cute stencil too! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues!

cm said...

WOW! Your card is absolutely girly-girl gorgeous...and it has puppy prints! Beautiful! I need to check out this lunar paste; so pretty! Thank you for sharing this in the Just Us Girls and Color Hues galleries!
~carol

kareN stampZ said...

OHH that looks so pretty love the Prom Queen pink!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Just the name of the Lunar paste makes me want to buy it. I love your fab background, and oh those puppy paws are adorable. Great card. Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls.

Cindy Beach said...

I've just received two colors of Lunar Paste - you've sure gotten me inspired and motivated to use them. WOW! Your card is stunning! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues.

baileyrosy.com said...

I haven't tried Lunar Paste but after seeing this beautiful pink explosion of gorgeousness I most certainly will give it a go. Thank you so much for sharing this fabulous card with us at Colorful Options.

Marie