Friday, February 23, 2024

Minty Lavender goodness...

 Minty Lavender Color Throwdown Challenge accepted!

Hi all!

Do you stamp or make multiples of things as you're working?  Like extra sentiments or extra die cuts?  I ALWAYS make multiples of my extra pieces for my cards.  I have 4 different, organized scrap bins filled with my extras to be used whenever I need them.  As I was creating for a DT card...more on that on Sunday, so come back...I made a plethora of extra flowers and leaves.  Since they were Minty Mint Crisp Dye ink was one of the colors, I thought I'd make something for the Color Hues challenge, which then morphed into including the Tic Tac Toe challenge this go around as well...

 

I did use some other green inks in the Altenew Green Meadows family, like Sweet Leaf, Just Green and Hunter Green to make these flowers.  The leaves were the challenge...how to make green leaves stand out with green flowers?

I opted for some colors from the Sweet Dreams family with Dew Drops, Aqualicious and Teal cave.  It kept collection on the green side, but gave it enough contrast to be a little different.

The lavender shimmer paper was found in my scrap papers and I opted to use the Radial Circle cover die.  It was my first time using it, and you may be seeing more if it in the future...it's really fun!  AND since it's dots with green AND flowers, it fits in the Tic Tac Toe challenge as well!

The 'hello' was made from Sweet Sentiments and came out of my sentiment scrap bin...like I said, I have a ton of scrap pieces...so I added black enamel dots and a very small black border around the edge to bring it all together.

Keep those scraps around peeps, they do come in handy!  Have a colorful day!!!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

How fun is this card and pretty too. The dotted background makes for a creative backdrop for your gorgeous florals. Always fun to see what you are up to and thanks for playing at Color Hues.

Hannelie said...


Always a happy moment to find something useful in the scrap box!

So happy to find this beautiful card in the Color Hues gallery Kristin!

Stef Perry said...

I like your idea of extras, it's sure handy when you need something quick. I try to remember to make extra sentiments but not always flowers. It's great that you created mint flowers and the dot background gies the design a modern look. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Jeanie Stark said...

Love the colors on this card! Eye popping! Thanks for playing along with the Tic Tac Toe Challenge!